Monday, June 7, 2010

Chill out


The weather has finally warmed up to higher than 70 degrees, but for the last week or so I noticed that our house seemed unusually warm. And we didn't know what was going on, because the AC was blowing, and it was sort of cooler than the rest of the air in the house. And we kept moving the thermostat down like... maybe if we put it to 30 below we will stop sweating? Actually, we had it set to seventy, and the in-house temperature read 78 degrees. And then 80. And then 81. And it was 10:00 at night! Finally at 2am last night Jane woke up crying, and I picked her up and her back was all sweaty. Was I dreaming or did the thermostat say 85? I can't be sure if that was my sleepiness or not. So we opened all the windows (since it was 10 degrees cooler outside), and stuck Jane in the basement where it was cool and she could sleep the rest of the night. And the AC ran all night... with the windows wide open, and when I woke up I think the thermostat said it was 78 degrees. I told Michael that I was either calling a repairman or moving into a hotel with Jane... and he went outside and tinkered with it and voila! Cold air! Cold, refrigerator-like air. To celebrate we have it at 50 degrees and are walking around in our winter coats and wool socks. Just kidding. But Jane is wearing more than a diaper, which is more than I can say for yesterday.

2 comments:

Ross and Kathy said...

Ah, the blessings of home ownership. So, how are the vines and trees?

Nikki Jenson said...

Keep it chillin' Bre!