Sunday, July 4, 2010

Independence day

Jane tasted pineapple today! We are exploring new foods slowly. I started giving her a little rice cereal this last week, which she enjoys. It's fun to see her open up her mouth when the spoon comes close - she's getting it slowly! A few days ago I was eating a plum and Jane was watching me so intently as I moved the plum back and forth to my mouth, so I rubbed my finger in the juice and let her taste it. It's funny, she gets really still and sticks her tongue out and tastes and tastes.

So today when I was sharing some pineapple that I cut up with my mom, she suggested that I let Jane taste a piece. We were expecting her to flinch from the citrus, but she got really still again and licked it, and then brought her hand to her mouth to try to push it in farther! She chomped on it, too, and basically licked it to death. We went through three pieces before I called it quits, though I think she wanted to keep going. How's that for Independence day, my little girl growing up!


No comments: