Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My daughter, the elf


One of Janie's ears is pointy. Or at least it looks pointy most of the time. In the hospital I noticed that her left ear looked a little crumpled... I guess it was smushed weird in the womb. The nurse told me it would fill out in time, and it has, but not completely. So these days it looks pointy a lot of the time and it feels like I'm holding a little Vulcan child (or an elf, if you're more into fantasy than sci-fi).


But if I pull her ear out a little, I can see that all of the normal tissue is there, it's just folded around so you can't see it or it's in shadow.


What about the other ear? It's completely normal. So she's half-Vulcan, just like Spock.

3 comments:

Ross and Kathy said...

Picky Picky Picky.

Nikki Jenson said...

Dad's comment made me laugh out loud! I like half breed children. My daughter is half devil...lol (guess where she got it from?!) Lol!

Breanne said...

Don't get me wrong, I think it's super cute!