Monday, April 12, 2010

Nonplussed


It's only been two months and Jane seems more like a little kid than a baby a lot of the time. Last night I was watching one of those funny home-video shows on TV, and some guy blew a raspberry on a little baby's tummy. The baby in the video flung his little arms out and looked like "what's happening?" So this morning I decided to try it on Jane as I was changing her out of her jammies. I blew into her tummy and then looked up to see if she thought it was scary or funny, and instead she didn't move and looked at me with an expression that said, "Just what do you think you're doing?"

(This was only a little less humiliating than the time I saw a video on AFV of a kid at the zoo putting his lips up against the glass and a monkey kissing him from the other side... and then I went to the zoo and in a crowded room attempted the same thing, only when the monkey walked by he smacked the glass right where my face was and everyone in the room started laughing.) Sometimes you just can't win.

3 comments:

Nikki Jenson said...

If it makes you feel any better, every time I've gone to the zoo those monkeys are doing really gross things. I don't think they're 'happy' monkeys!

Ross and Kathy said...

A little humiliation can be a good thing - for you - not for me.

Jacque said...

hilarious.