Thursday, January 20, 2011

News

This morning Michael and I were eating cheerios at the same time, and Jane would walk back and forth between us, eating a cheerio from me and then going to Dad for one and then coming back, until we ran out.

Jane started using a new car seat today.  Now she can see out the front window!  But after all the rigging and hitching and pushing and clipping I did to get that seat in there, it's never coming out again.  She'll just have to use it until she goes to college.

I noticed Jane has a 7th tooth today!  On the bottom left.  I don't think her cold is related, unless symptoms of teething weakened her system enough for her to get the cold.  But the cold is for realz.

Tonight Jane looked right at Michael and said, "Dada" while smiling real big at him.  She has said versions of "dadadaada" and "mamamamama" before, but she is getting a lot better at it and this was the clearest she's done it so far.  I could count it as her first word, but I think I'm going to wait until she says a word other than dadada or mamama.  She did say "oof" the other day when I asked her what sound a doggie makes. 

It seems like every day has more firsts for Jane and she learns how to do something new.  Today she also walked all the way from the kitchen to the front room without falling down which is another first for her.  It's like she's been on brain crack since New Year's!

3 comments:

Jacque said...

hehehe what a smart girl!

Ross and Kathy said...

Wow! What a great post - lots of interesting stuff. Maybe you'll have to do a Dayly Jane Newspaper. The pics are really cute too. Thanks for sharing.

D & C said...

She also walks better without sox -- not so slippery.